Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wicket's Journal: 1294-16-Endings

Our initial encounter with the Kobolds has only provided more questions than answers. The Unabridged Guide to Karnax' Last Resort has the following to say about kobolds:

While kobolds can be found inhabiting the hills, they are docile, content to remain
in their warrens. They are slightly territorial, so travelers are advised to be careful.


So then, why are the kobolds suddenly so malicious? They stole children from their homes! True, there is that legend that kobolds can turn babies to gold during the full moon, or something, but still! Then there's the matter of how they managed to procure the infants without the guards knowing what was going on. I thank Bahamut that we were there to stop them.

It saddens me that the children were the target of their attack, had they been after food or other supplies, it might have hinted at some plight that we can readily assist with. Given the focus of their actions, however, I am lead to believe that there's some malevolent force behind the kobolds. A guiding mind that shapes their actions, sculpting from the clay of chaos and destruction a dark work of iniquity and sorrow. Could this be the dark presence I sensed during my meditations? What kind of creature could command that kind of obedience from the kobolds? More information is needed at this point. I shudder to think of what fate will befall the children if we cannot find them.

We are preparing to leave now, my friends and I. Our teachers have unexpectedly decided to reward our actions, and here I was, ready to ask Greta to help with a plan to get us out of here unnoticed. I'm glad everyone is with me, for together, I know we can figure out what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment